Firs Premier Ltd are now accepting NEW Private Patients
Our Private Consultation Offer is only £50 and includes an examination, X-rays and a treatment plan
Orthodontic appointments are now available with Dr Richard Brown
Please telephone for an appointment on 0116 267 4254 or click here for more information on the website
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update 17/09/2020
Dear Patients of Firs Dental & Firs Premier
We are open with a closed door policy. Please do not attend without an appointment.
Firs Dental and Firs Premier Ltd are open and continue to provide essential and emergency care as required to our patients. Self help guides are available on our website, but if you require treatment, please call us on 0116 2674254, where we provide a telephone triage service. We have an on-call dentist available Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. The dentist will return your call as quickly as possible. They may request photos that can be emailed to us and we are using video chat software where necessary. Rest assured we now have the correct PPE available to treat patients if required. However, if you are experiencing any Coronavirus symptoms and in need of URGENT care, then you can still be referred to be seen at an NHS Urgent Dental Care Centre, open 7 days a week. This service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call the practice you will be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure that your problem comes under either:
• Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as trauma
• Severe Swelling of the face that is significant and worsening
• Bleeding - uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
• Severe Pain that can’t be controlled by pain relief medicines or antibiotics
When contacting the practice, it is important that patients are clear about whether or not they are symptomatic, self-isolating or in a vulnerable or shielded group to ensure you are seen in the correct location.
FIRS DENTAL NHS PATIENTS -
NHS guidelines in this Covid-19 environment dictate that we are currently only allowed to see patients that need urgent and essential treatment. This means that our NHS dentists are unable to provide routine dental appointments at the moment. Due to restricted capacity caused by current safe working methods, like leaving a surgery empty for 60 minutes following treatment, and extra cleaning and sterilising, we are unable to operate at previous levels. We are doing all we can to see as many patients as possible, but please be patient.
Any patients that require treatment at this time will be contacted for a pre-assessment by phone, email or video consultation prior to any appointment. On agreement of a required appointment, you will receive a pack with all the relevant information via email or you may pick it up at the practice. This will contain a full explanation of what will happen when you attend your appointment.
FIRS PREMIER PLAN PRIVATE PATIENTS -
Please read the following and let us know your wishes for any appointments that you were due under Firs Premier Dental Plan and have missed as a result of our temporary closure.
If you were due for an examination then we have the following options:
- Please ring us on 01162674254 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your “catch up” appointment – this will be with your regular dentist where possible and will include a hand scale and polish if required. The normal ultrasonic scale & polish is now classified as an ” Aerosol Generating Procedure (AGP) ” which we have been advised to avoid if at all possible during the current Covid-19 risk level.
- If you are content to not have the appointment, or do not wish to have a hand scale and polish at this time and wish to wait until you are next due, again please email us on email@example.com and let us know.
If we don’t hear from you, we will assume that you are content with Option 2 above.
As the alert level drops, we will change and adapt to the guidelines released. This will hopefully enable us to provide more services as the pandemic eases.
Our reception now has new opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm and can be contacted via telephone on 0116 2674254 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, if you urgently need assistance, please call us on 0116 267 4254 or refer to our Emergency Self Help Guidance