Firs Premier Ltd are now accepting NEW Private Patients
Our Private Consultation Offer is only £50 and includes an examination, X-rays and a treatment plan
Orthodontic appointments are now available with Dr Richard Brown
Please telephone for an appointment on 0116 267 4254 or click here for more information on the website
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update 04/08/2020
Dear Patients of Firs Dental & Firs Premier
We are open with a closed door policy. Please do not attend without an appointment.
Firs Dental and Firs Premier Ltd are open and continue to provide essential and emergency care as required to our patients. Self help guides are available on our website, but if you require treatment, please call us on 0116 2674254, where we provide a telephone triage service. Rest assured we now have the correct PPE available to treat patients if required. However, if you are experiencing any Coronavirus symptoms and in need of urgent care, then you can still be referred to be seen at an urgent dental care centre.
FIRS PREMIER PLAN PATIENTS
Please read the following and let us know your wishes for any appointments that you were due under Firs Premier Dental Plan and have missed as a result of our temporary closure.
If you were due for an examination then we have the following options:
- Please ring us on 01162674254 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your “catch up” appointment – this will be with your regular dentist where possible and will include a hand scale and polish if required. The normal ultrasonic scale & polish is now classified as an ” Aerosol Generating Procedure (AGP) ” which we have been advised to avoid if at all possible during the current Covid-19 risk level.
- If you are content to not have the appointment, or do not wish to have a hand scale and polish at this time and wish to wait until you are next due, again please email us on email@example.com and let us know.
If we don’t hear from you, we will assume that you are content with Option 2 above.
Any patients that require treatment at this time will be contacted for a pre-assessment by phone, email or video consultation prior to any appointment. On agreement of a required appointment, you will receive a pack with all the relevant information via email or you may pick it up at the practice. This will contain a full explanation of what will happen when you attend your appointment.
As the alert level drops, we will change and adapt to the guidelines released. This will hopefully enable us to provide more services as the pandemic eases.
Firs Dental and Firs Premier Ltd
Our reception now has new opening hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm and can be contacted via telephone on 0116 2674254 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is still likely to be a number of weeks until normal service resumes and in the mean time dental emergencies will be inevitable. If you find yourself with a dental problem, we advise you to initially check our website for our online help guides. If you feel that your problem is more serious or feel you need advice please call the practice. We have an on-call dentist available Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. The dentist will return your call as quickly as possible. They may request photos that can be emailed to us and we are using video chat software where necessary.
We will be able to refer those patients with Covid-19 symptoms in need of URGENT NHS treatment to Urgent Dental Care Centres, open 7 days a week, where they can be seen. This service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call the practice you will be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure that your problem comes under either:
• Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as trauma
• Severe Swelling of the face that is significant and worsening
• Bleeding - uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
• Severe Pain that can’t be controlled by pain relief medicines or antibiotics
When contacting the practice, it is important that patients are clear about whether or not they are symptomatic, self-isolating or in a vulnerable or shielded group to ensure you are seen in the correct location.
Remember, if you urgently need assistance, please call us on 0116 267 4254 or refer to our Emergency Self Help Guidance